- Business Data Network - Reference
- Dashboard and Monitor Viewers
- Data Enrichment
- Data Integration
- Data Monitoring
- Data Profiling
- Data Quality
- Entity Resolution
- Metadata Analysis
- MDM Foundations
Release date: 5/10/2011
Forty-eight percent of UK IT and marketing managers are unsure of the quality of their customer data.
LONDON, 10 May 2011 — DataFlux, a leading provider of data management solutions, today announced the findings of an online survey that asked UK-based IT and marketing managers about their customer relationship management (CRM) systems and the quality of data underpinning those systems. The results of the survey highlight that there is widespread uncertainty amongst UK organisations regarding the quality of data held about customers.
• 48% of respondents were unsure of the quality of data within their CRM systems and another 13% were not confident about the overall quality of their customer data.
• 26% of respondent organisations operate two or more CRM systems, which can contribute to multiple, conflicting views of the customer; 47% of respondents surveyed have a single CRM system for the entire organisation.
• When asked about the difficulties of maintaining more than one CRM system, 47% of respondents cited data de-duplication and data quality as the biggest challenges, with 23% believing interoperability was the greatest frustration.
• 32% of organisations currently have on-going systems consolidation initiatives and 33% are working to improve the quality of their CRM data.
Colin Rickard, EMEA managing director at DataFlux, added: “The results of this survey demonstrate that UK organisations are missing an opportunity to extend the value of CRM initiatives with high-quality data. Accurate, trusted and complete customer data is the lifeblood of any modern marketing strategy and can protect the investments companies make in CRM technology, so that results meet expectations.”
He continued: “While the study shows many organisations recognise the value of maintaining a single, integrated CRM system, there are still a significant number of organisations running with two or more CRM systems. Multiple systems can lead to data errors and adversely affect service levels and the potential to drive additional revenue through marketing.”
To learn more about how DataFlux can help you improve the quality of data stored in your CRM system so that you have a better view of your customers, visit www.dataflux.com today.
About the Research
The research study was conducted by eMedia Group on behalf of DataFlux during 2010. Respondents are either IT or marketing managers involved in CRM projects, and all 80 were drawn from UK organisations. Each respondent was selected from a separate company and results were collected using an online survey.
DataFlux enables business agility and IT efficiency by providing innovative data management technology and services that transform data into a strategic asset. A wholly owned subsidiary of SAS (www.sas.com), DataFlux helps organisations manage critical aspects of data through unified technologies and expertise that provide the benefits of data quality, data integration and master data management (MDM). To learn more visit www.dataflux.com.